A couple of weeks ago, I published a post about people not understanding whether or not I'm joking. Well, I have a real life, honest example that I take from a conversation with my friend Jon from last night.
Jon: I saw a bobcat this summer. It was really dark, like black, so at first I thought panther, but there aren't any confirmed sightings of panthers in this area and hardly any in the US so it must have been a really dark bobcat.
Me: Well, maybe it was just a dirty bobcat. Perhaps it fell in a mud puddle.
Jon: I don't think it was dirty. I think that it's fur was just dark.
Me: Jon, I was joking. I doubt the bobcat fell in a mud puddle.
Jon: Oh okay, I thought you were being serious.
Pocket Susan Advice: Everybody wins when you make a donation! Now that the weather is beginning to change in most parts of the country, people are transitioning to their fall and winter clothes. It's a great time to find some items in your closet that you're ready to part with. I saved my parents about $600 on their taxes in the past two year. The benefits of a donation are
1) You are able to declutter without the annoyance of holding a garage sale.
2) If you record the items you donate and ask for a receipt, you can save on your taxes. Use the Goodwill Valuation Guide if you're not sure what your items are worth.
3) And hopefully, the charity you donate to will receive some quality items that they can sell to support their mission.
No comments:
Post a Comment