Have you ever had an experience when 99 people will do or say something nice, but you can't really appreciate it because 1 person didn't? I realized today that I have a tendency to get caught up on the 1.
Facebook is an amazing online tool for social networking/stalking and makes it easy for people to keep track of their friends' birthdays. I had many people use Facebook to wish me a Happy Birthday. Others sent ecards, texts, or called. I feel loved and appreciate them all greatly, but as my birthday winds down, I am acutely aware of who did not extend their best wishes. And while Facebook is a blessing to birthday tracking, it can also be a curse. I have a harder time excusing people that forgot my birthday. They didn't even have to record it on a calendar... they just had to log in. Since the advent of Facebook the reasonable excuses for forgetting a birthday have been whittled down to 1) Out of country, 2) Don't have Facebook or 3) Death.
So thank you to all of my friends who acknowledged the date of my birth. And to those of you who didn't, well, you should probably start working on that story about a last minute business trip to Bora Bora because, believe you me, I noticed.
No comments:
Post a Comment