21 October 2008

I Get Tingles When I Vote!

My new state has early voting, which I have decided is fantastic! Even better, my county has an early voting location right where I work so I didn't even have to drive to vote and didn't have to take advantage of the time off we're given to vote. It makes things much simpler.


I had to visit the voting location to ask the workers a question pertaining to my job. When we finished that discussion, I asked the woman if she would use my driver's license to check whether or not I was registered. I registered a few weeks ago when I registered my car and got my license, but I hadn't received my registration card in the mail yet and I was worried that my paperwork got lost or hadn't been processed. The woman graciously agreed to check for me and quickly scanned my ID. Then she asked me if I was ready. "Ready for what?" I asked.
"Are you ready to vote?" she asked.
"Sure," I said. "But I'll have to come back later, because I need to get back to work." The line to vote was about 30 people long and growing as we spoke.
"It's okay," she said. "I already scanned you through. Just sign the paper and head to a booth."
So yes, it was technically cutting, but I don't care. It totally made my day!


Pocket Susan Advice: If you haven't already voted and are in the "undecided" category you may want to check out this website www.votegopher.com It is a nonpartisan website that breaks down the election into issues rather than parties and let's you compare your opinions on those issues to the positions of the candidates. You might actually be surprised to see with whom you align most closely.

No comments: