One of my friends reads this blog, usually when she's procrastinating, but I'll take readers any way I can get them. She asked me why I never give out personal information and if I was concerned about attracting a stalker. The idea was so ridiculous to me that I laughed for almost 30 seconds before I realized she was serious. No, for the record, I am not worried about stalkers. I didn't even realize that I was doing this until I reread my posts. It's true that I haven't specifically mention where I live or what I do for a living and have changed people's names in my stories or left out names completely. Now that this tendency has been pointed out to me, I kind of like it and I think I will continue it.
Here is my rationale. When you read a book, you get to envision the elements like the characters and setting in any way that you want. There might be a description, but with a book, there is always room for imagination and I think that's the best part of reading a book. These are my stories, but you can probably imagine them taking place in your city, your office, and with your friends. (Who hasn't been forced into the awkward 3rd wheel position? Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?)
So I may release some details one of these days, but in the meantime, use your imagination! You might be a little out of practice so it will be good for you!
Post Susan Advice: Print out pictures. I love digital photography and the delete button has saved me from potential blackmail more times than I'd care to remember, but there is something special about prints. The ability to hold them in your hand and sift through an entire night of memories definitely trumps staring a computer. So go print them! Frame them! Mail them to a friend that you haven't seen in far too long! Enjoy them!
No comments:
Post a Comment