One of my coworkers went out on a first date yesterday. She was so excited when she told me about it this morning, especially about the amount of laughing that they both did. And when she told me some of the stories, I was laughing too! It had clearly been a success since they had scheduled another date in three short days. This afternoon, I glanced up from desk and saw a flower delivery man head toward my colleague's office. All I heard was, "You're kidding!"
And that's what she said for the next ten minutes. "You're kidding!" And, "Who does this?!"
It's been a while since I've had to opportunity to see a romance blossom from the beginning stages and it definitely warms your heart.
Pocket Susan Quote:
I used to feel so alone in the city. All those gazillions of people and then me, on the outside. Because how do you meet a new person? I was very stumped by this for many years. And then I realized, you just say, "Hi." They may ignore you. Or you may marry them. And that possibility is worth that one word."
- Augusten Burroughs, Author of Runing with Scissors
No comments:
Post a Comment