I was talking to a colleague today about our weekend plans. My main goal was to relax and do as little as possible, aside from a Saturday morning orientation to volunteer at the local SPCA. I mentioned; however, that the special event our office was holding on Saturday afternoon still required volunteers and I was considering signing up. I'm still trying to accrue comp hours and this would be a great opportunity. Cindy, my colleague, said, "You know, when I first started working here I worked ridiculous hours and had a ton of comp time stored up. And then I found myself still at the office on a Friday at 7:30pm. I thought, well I don't have anywhere to go or anything to do so it's okay to be at the office. But then I realized that as long as I stayed at the office, I would never meet anyone and would never find anything to do. I was letting my job be my life instead of going out and living my life."
Pocket Susan Advice: Search for Good. When we're strapped for cash, one of the budget items that suffers first is our charitable giving. It's hard to give to the poor when we are the poor! One way to help your favorite non-profit organization is to volunteer your time. A second, easy option is to use GoodSearch.com as your preferred internet search engine. GoodSearch is powered by Yahoo and every time you conduct a search, they will donate $.01 to your selected charity. It doesn't sound like much, but if you make 1,000 searches per month you will make $10 for your organization! It adds up!
Pocket Susan Advice: Search for Good. When we're strapped for cash, one of the budget items that suffers first is our charitable giving. It's hard to give to the poor when we are the poor! One way to help your favorite non-profit organization is to volunteer your time. A second, easy option is to use GoodSearch.com as your preferred internet search engine. GoodSearch is powered by Yahoo and every time you conduct a search, they will donate $.01 to your selected charity. It doesn't sound like much, but if you make 1,000 searches per month you will make $10 for your organization! It adds up!
No comments:
Post a Comment