My friend lives in Miami, FL, but his family lives near Dallas, TX which is within 4 hours of me. So this year I went and spent Thanksgiving with him and his family. And although it wasn't my family, some things still felt the same. The turkey and fixings, the football, the conversations, and the warmth that goes along with this holiday were all there. And while I really missed my family, it was a little bit easier because, at least for that day, I was a part of another family.
I am grateful for my family. I am grateful for my friends. And I am grateful that, for me, the two titles are synonyms.
Pocket Susan Advice: Write a Thank You note. Have you ever done something nice for someone in your life and then been just a little bit hurt when they didn't say thank you or didn't even notice? It makes you a little less inclined to go out of your way to be nice the next time an opportunity comes around. So think through your day or maybe the last couple of days and try to identify something nice that someone did for you. Even a little thing can count. Now write them a Thank You. It doesn't have to be formal, just a post-it will do. Stick it in their box or on their door or send them an email and let them know that you are grateful for them.
I am grateful for my family. I am grateful for my friends. And I am grateful that, for me, the two titles are synonyms.
Pocket Susan Advice: Write a Thank You note. Have you ever done something nice for someone in your life and then been just a little bit hurt when they didn't say thank you or didn't even notice? It makes you a little less inclined to go out of your way to be nice the next time an opportunity comes around. So think through your day or maybe the last couple of days and try to identify something nice that someone did for you. Even a little thing can count. Now write them a Thank You. It doesn't have to be formal, just a post-it will do. Stick it in their box or on their door or send them an email and let them know that you are grateful for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment