It seems that everyone is eager to bypass Thanksgiving this year and go straight to Christmas. I heard that retailers started all of their Christmas commercial campaigns this past week because the economy is so bad and because Thanksgiving is so late. They're "losing" 5 days before Christmas.
Even though I knew this, I was startled the other day when my clock radio alarm went off in the morning and the song playing was "Baby It's Cold Outside". Not only is this my least favorite holiday song, but November 14 is just too damn early for Christmas.
I'm excited for Christmas, especially since it will be the first time I've been home to see my family and friends since July. Yes, I did go home for Jenn's wedding in September, but that was super fast weekend and only got to see my parents when they drove me to and from the airport. Not exactly quality time. So while I eagerly anticipate the end of December, I feel it is important to recognize November as the month of the turkey and give Thanksgiving its due.
Why is everyone in such a rush? Don't they anything to be thankful for?
PocketSusan Quote: One can never pay in gratitude; one can can only pay "in kind" somewhere else in life. - Anne Morrow Lindbergh
No comments:
Post a Comment