I learned that if you are expecting karma then it won't come. Here are some highlights of my day following the returned glove situation.
Due to a slightly complicated (and uninteresting) situation when I started, I had yet to be issued an official key to my office. I made the 5-10 minute walk to the key office on campus with my approved key request and arrived at 2:15. I was told scathingly that the key I was requesting didn't exist and that my office management had switched the office door number without officially changing the key number. I needed a slip with the correct key number. I said, "okay, I'll be back in a few minutes." So I walked back to my office and got the my office manager to write down the correct key number on my request. I walked back to the key office, arriving at 2:33 only to see a sign on the door that said "Temporarily Closed for a Meeting 11/25". There was no start or end time listed so I had no idea how long "temporarily" was. So I sat on the steps and waited. And waited. And waited. I waited for 1 hour and 40 minutes. The key office closes every day at 4pm so at 3:50pm, I finally gave up and went back to my office.
Here are the items that made me very unhappy. 1) When I was in the office the first time and said I would be back, why didn't they tell me that they would be closed for THE REST OF THE DAY!? 2) Why didn't the sign on the door say "closed for the rest of the day"? AAGGHH!!!
I caught the bus home and it was running about 5 minutes behind. We got about half way to my stop and the bus was caught in a major traffic jam of people trying to turn into the parking garage of the events center. We moved 50 feet in 25 minutes. Seriously? There was no traffic in the left lane, but for no apparent reason our bus driver felt obligated to sit in the deadlocked traffic in the right lane. And I will never understand.
Pocket Susan Advice: Consider your scent. Let's say you take a shower in the morning and use a refreshing citrus scented shampoo and shampoo. And then you use a moisturizing body wash that smells like rain. You dry off and use a baby powder scented deoderant. Your hair gel/mousse/spray is something herbal. Then you top if off with a nice spritz of your favorite cologne/perfume/body spray. Talk about sensory overload! All of your nice products smell great on their own, but mixed up they make a strong and likely unpleasant odor, which you probably don't even notice. Other people do notice though. Trust me.
No comments:
Post a Comment