05 November 2008

Friend Categories

I love lists and other means of sorting and organizing, especially at work. I've found that it extends to my personal life as well, most recently when I realized that I subconsciously categorize my friends into groups.
  • Friends from childhood/high school/college/grad school
  • Friends that I call weekly/randomly/never
  • Friends that don't return my calls
  • Friends on Facebook
  • Friends that will probably be in/at my wedding (some day)
  • Friends that I would fly to see
  • Friends that would fly to see me
  • Friends that I would drop everything and anything for
  • Friends that would drop everything for me
And the list goes on. It's interesting to see where the categories overlap. And it's a blessing to think about how many amazing friends I really do have, regardless of their category.

Pocket Susan Advice: Go to Commit to Donate to register to be an organ donor in your state. Every state has different requirements for organ donors so this is especially important if you've moved recently.

No comments: