12 November 2008

Read and Recycle

I lobbied for a new recycling container in the kitchen of our office so that we could recycle plastic and aluminum cans. A lot of people were excited so I thought it would be a breeze. Unfortunately, I was disappointed and continue to be disappointed by the number of people (many with masters and doctorates) that can't seem to read the signs that say NO PAPER and ALUMINUM & PLASTIC ONLY! Seriously people?

Pocket Susan Advice: Make a will. Ahh yes, it's slightly morbid to prepare a document that is only used when you die. Or is it? Think about it this way, having a will and a living will prepared will save your loved ones untold headaches and heartaches if they're placed in an emergency situation or if they're faced with your passing. They're already going to have enough trouble dealing with their own emotions without worrying about whether they're doing what you would have wanted. Why make it harder on them? The way I see it, to not have a will prepared just because you're not comfortable recognizing your own mortality is a selfish thing to do. See this site http://wills-probate.lawyers.com/ for more general information about estate planning and then see a trusted legal expert when you are ready to actually prepare your documents.

No comments: