In case you hadn't picked up on my obsession with real estate, property flipping and home design (both interior and exterior), let me just fill you in now. I am obsessed. I've even considered enrolling in the Haverhill Institute of Home Staging just to learn more. I decided not to however, because a) it's a waste of money b) in their commercial in the "after" photos of a room they put a large fake plant directly in front a fireplace! That is a major no-no! So clearly I need to teach Haverhill a few things.
What I did get from Haverhill is an awesome little tool for space planning. This is free and you don't have register unless you want to send your plans to the Institute for them to review. I wouldn't recommend that part because, again, a fake plant in front of the fireplace! Anyway, you enter the dimension of the room you want to design, pick the type of room, and then can pick out all kinds of add-ons including structural features like niches, doors and windows and place them wherever you want in your room. For bedroom design, for example, they had 14 different types/sizes of beds to choose from so you can match the furniture you own. All of add-ons can be adjusted to specific dimensions. There are also people, pets, and plants you can add to your design if you choose.
Pocket Susan Advice: Are you as excited about this as I am? Probably not. But there is a very useful aspect to this; if you are having a difficult time figuring out how to arrange your furniture in a space or if you are considering moving and aren't sure if your furniture will all fit, you can use this tool to figure it out.
What I did get from Haverhill is an awesome little tool for space planning. This is free and you don't have register unless you want to send your plans to the Institute for them to review. I wouldn't recommend that part because, again, a fake plant in front of the fireplace! Anyway, you enter the dimension of the room you want to design, pick the type of room, and then can pick out all kinds of add-ons including structural features like niches, doors and windows and place them wherever you want in your room. For bedroom design, for example, they had 14 different types/sizes of beds to choose from so you can match the furniture you own. All of add-ons can be adjusted to specific dimensions. There are also people, pets, and plants you can add to your design if you choose.
Pocket Susan Advice: Are you as excited about this as I am? Probably not. But there is a very useful aspect to this; if you are having a difficult time figuring out how to arrange your furniture in a space or if you are considering moving and aren't sure if your furniture will all fit, you can use this tool to figure it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment