12 July 2009

A Shout Out to Creative Genius

People that are creative and are able to translate that creativity into something tangible always amaze me. This is why I feel inspired to highlight a sorority sister of mine, Christyn, who creates beautiful jewelry. What I enjoy most is that not only does she sell her lovely pieces, but she also posts regularly on her blog (http://beadup.blogspot.com) and shares her creative process. I love seeing how she can translate a building, a flower, or other random object into a piece of wearable art.

While this doesn't get me any closer to designing and creating jewelry (I fear that particular talent will never come to me), she does inspire me to be creative in my own way. Just as soon as my budget isn't so tight, I will be buying one of everything she has made. I have a small sampling of some of my favorites below, but you can view her full store on Etsy at www.beadup.etsy.com.

Pocket Susan Advice: Find your inner creative genius and let it out. You don't have to share it with the world, but you should definitely nurture it privately.















No comments: