This morning on my way to work, I stopped at the post office to mail a couple of packages. The office is supposed to open at 8:30am, but several of us were still waiting outside in a line at 8:40am. When they finally opened and we were able to move the line inside, I was disappointed to see that they only had one person working out front. I kept this to myself and tried to think about more positive things. Apparently the man behind me didn't have any positive thoughts to focus on because he started to complain loudly to everyone in line.
Bitter Man: This is ridiculous. They supposed to open at 8:30am but they just open whenever they feel like it. That's the government for you -- completely ineffective.
No response from anyone in line.
Bitter Man: I'm glad that my doctor's office isn't run this way. I can't believe anyone wants the government to run the health care system. We would all die waiting in line.
No response from anyone in line.
Bitter Man: This office is the worst. I bet there are several people in the back but they only bother to have one clerk out front. They don't know the first thing about customer service.
No response from anyone in line.
Not that our lack of response stopped him. He just kept going on and on about how this was the worst post office ever and blah, blah, blah. I was tempted to ask him if he really had visited every post office in the country in order to identify the worst post office, but wisely kept my mouth shut.
Although he may have had a point, I didn't appreciate his negativity first thing in the morning. Furthermore, I felt it was extremely disrespectful for him to speak so loudly. Clearly, the clerk could hear him complain and she was trying her best to move the line along quickly.
Pocket Susan Advice: Your mother was right... if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.
Bitter Man: This is ridiculous. They supposed to open at 8:30am but they just open whenever they feel like it. That's the government for you -- completely ineffective.
No response from anyone in line.
Bitter Man: I'm glad that my doctor's office isn't run this way. I can't believe anyone wants the government to run the health care system. We would all die waiting in line.
No response from anyone in line.
Bitter Man: This office is the worst. I bet there are several people in the back but they only bother to have one clerk out front. They don't know the first thing about customer service.
No response from anyone in line.
Not that our lack of response stopped him. He just kept going on and on about how this was the worst post office ever and blah, blah, blah. I was tempted to ask him if he really had visited every post office in the country in order to identify the worst post office, but wisely kept my mouth shut.
Although he may have had a point, I didn't appreciate his negativity first thing in the morning. Furthermore, I felt it was extremely disrespectful for him to speak so loudly. Clearly, the clerk could hear him complain and she was trying her best to move the line along quickly.
Pocket Susan Advice: Your mother was right... if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.
2 comments:
Does your post office have an automated machine? I try to ship packages that way when I can, but it doesn't work for international packages that need the customs form.
I usually try to use the automated machine as well, but when I sell books on Half.com I have to send them as Media Mail so I have wait.
Post a Comment