The logic of my apartment complex management escapes me. According to them, an apartment is fixed up and cleaned not when one resident vacates, but when a new resident schedules to move in. The problem with this, as I see it, is that on the apartment web site it shows that my apartment will be available for rent on August 18th. There are no apartments in that size and layout currently available. Logic would tell you to get at least one unit available as quickly as possible so that someone can move in, pay rent and the complex can begin making money. Because a potential renter may want that type of unit, but can't wait until it's posted available date. So they'll lose that renter.
Really, why I find this frustrating, is that I am moving out a week before my lease ends. I could easily turn in my keys early so that they can have access to repaint and do any repairs that need to be completed. But they would rather wait and collect my prorated rent for 8 days, which is a lower rate than the new renter will have to pay, then do the repairs and then leave it sit empty for ten days and not make any money on it.
It appears that I have no choice but to pay 8 days of rent for an empty apartment but now I have to decide if I should admit to them that I'm moving out early, turn in my keys, and allow them early access to prepare it or be bitter and wait to turn in my keys at the last possible moment. Tough call.
Really, why I find this frustrating, is that I am moving out a week before my lease ends. I could easily turn in my keys early so that they can have access to repaint and do any repairs that need to be completed. But they would rather wait and collect my prorated rent for 8 days, which is a lower rate than the new renter will have to pay, then do the repairs and then leave it sit empty for ten days and not make any money on it.
It appears that I have no choice but to pay 8 days of rent for an empty apartment but now I have to decide if I should admit to them that I'm moving out early, turn in my keys, and allow them early access to prepare it or be bitter and wait to turn in my keys at the last possible moment. Tough call.
No comments:
Post a Comment