18 December 2008

There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays...

I'm heading home to Ohio for the holidays and will not be posting much during the next two weeks. I'm not sure what all the holidays will entail this year other than a lot of family time and a lot of sleeping time. The first because I will not have my own car with me and will be effectively trapped and the second because I really want to catch up on my sleep. Until just a few moments ago, I was incredibly excited to "go home" because I wanted to spend time with my friends, but then I realized that I only have 1 (one) friend left living in the Toledo, OH area. Seriously, 1 (one) friend. And that's only until August when she moves to DC. In the last three year, my friends have spread themselves across the US with concentrations in the areas of Ohio other than Toledo and the general US Southeast. Ahh, sad day for now, but it will be lovely to visit them later!

Pocket Susan Advice:
Split up the suitcases! If you're traveling with a significant other or friend, particularly if you're going by plane, then it would behoove you split up your clothes between your suitcases. If each of you fill half of each suitcase and a bag is lost or delayed you will still have at least some of your clothes in the remaining bag(s).

No comments: