My sister got engaged! This isn't a huge surprise, but I don't think that most engagements are. I mean, really, by the time a couple is prepared to vow to spend the rest of their lives together there should be some kind of indication that they're headed that way. (Possible exception - Las Vegas marriages)
But I digress. My sister is engaged and, surprise or not, I am super excited because I get to actually help plan. And I can't imagine anything more fun! Of course, my sister forewarned me of the following:
a) I will have absolutely no influence on any musical selections, which is probably fair considering the eclectic selection found on my IPod.
b) The second that I become too bossy or dictatorial, I will be kicked out of the planning. Probably also fair because I do have those traits.
As a side note, this will be the fourth wedding that I am a bridesmaid in, which I'm pretty sure effectively seals the deal on my single status. Afterall, they say that it's three times a bridesmaid and never a bride. And I actually feel pretty okay with that possibility.
Pocket Susan Quote: A good marriage is at least 80 percent good luck in finding the right person at the right time. The rest is trust. - Nanette Newman
But I digress. My sister is engaged and, surprise or not, I am super excited because I get to actually help plan. And I can't imagine anything more fun! Of course, my sister forewarned me of the following:
a) I will have absolutely no influence on any musical selections, which is probably fair considering the eclectic selection found on my IPod.
b) The second that I become too bossy or dictatorial, I will be kicked out of the planning. Probably also fair because I do have those traits.
As a side note, this will be the fourth wedding that I am a bridesmaid in, which I'm pretty sure effectively seals the deal on my single status. Afterall, they say that it's three times a bridesmaid and never a bride. And I actually feel pretty okay with that possibility.
Pocket Susan Quote: A good marriage is at least 80 percent good luck in finding the right person at the right time. The rest is trust. - Nanette Newman
No comments:
Post a Comment