I thought I had gotten through the worst of the wedding stage. You know, the time in your life when all of the friends you ever made in life meet that special someone and decide to tie the knot. Usually on 6 consecutive weekends. I was happy to be through that stage and not into baby stage. Because I have absolutely no problem passing up a baby shower. Weddings on the other hand are hard to miss.
To be honest, I entered the spring knowing that there would be two weddings this fall. My best friend from high school, Kelly W. and my very own older sister's. They conveniently scheduled two weeks apart so I only have to book one flight. But that was supposed to be it for weddings. Pretty much everyone is now married off. Those remaining are should be well spaced out. Or so I thought.
No sooner had I arranged my budget for the two flights home for my sister's shower and Kelly and my sister's wedding (not to each other) as well as the bridesmaids dresses, shoes, etc. than I learned what else the year had in store.
There would be a lull of false security in November. December - home for Christmas. January - a college friend's wedding in OH. February - very good guy friend from college's wedding in Chicago. March - potentially a good guy friend's wedding in California. April/May - a break thank goodness because I can't take time off during those months. June - close friend from grad school's wedding in Tennesse.
Oh my goodness! There is just no way I can do all of this. Which, I'm afraid, means that I will have to a) stop making friends b) defriend some of these engaged friends on Facebook and hope that they don't invite me so I don't have to choose or c) be a responsible adult and prioritize my need for a vacation that does not involve white dresses over weekend trips that revolve around tiered cakes.
No comments:
Post a Comment