Okay, people who are grossed out by feet should stop reading now. You've been warned so if you get grossed out, it is not my fault and you'd better not complain or whine later.
I have fairly normal feet, but the heels of my feet get really dry, sometimes so much that they crack and bleed, which hurts a lot. About three years ago, my doctor prescribed a strong lotion to put on them to prevent them from getting so dry. Unfortunately, the lotion did absolutely nothing for the large callus that had formed on my heel. The doctor and later dermatologists told me that I should just use the lotion and a pumice stone regularly to gradually smooth out the callus. It didn't work at all and I have had the callus for about two year now.
Two months ago, I began seeing a new dermatologist because I wasn't convinced that the one I was using was that great. I asked this new dermatologist about my callus and what I should do to get rid of it. She hardly even glanced at it and said, "oh that's not a callus, that's a wart." Seriously? While I am not thrilled to have a wart and the treatment of said wart is not the easier thing, what really gets me is that multiple doctors have looked at this and misdiagnosed it repeatedly.
Pocket Susan Advice: Medical treatment is expensive even if you have insurance. Be sure to make the most of it, by only seeing physicians that you really feel comfortable with and whom you feel are really good. If you find yourself questioning a diagnosis as you leave an appointment or wonder if your doctor listened to anything you said during the consult then it's time to find a new doctor.
1 comment:
Regarding your advice...
AMEN!
Post a Comment