07 May 2009

Cozy Up to the Fireplace

My neighbors are a little bit odd and I am not sure what to make of them. Don't get me wrong, Debbie, the mom, is cordial and friendly. But certain things just strike me as weird. A) I think they're the ones that put the blue towel on my doormat because their cat always sits on my doormat instead of theirs. B) When I moved in August, Debbie told me that she lived with her high school age son, but I didn't actually see him until November. Since then I have seen/heard him twice. C) The stockpile of wood on their patio is out of control. Yes, our apartments do have working fireplaces but we're in central Texas for pete's sake. There were only a handful of nights during the whole winter that were even close to cold enough to necessitate a fire. What on earth would make Debbie think that purchasing this much wood was a good idea?


No comments: