Dear Nike: If Tiger Woods (who, at last count had affairs with 120 women and exposed his family not only to public embarrassment but also to lord only knows what communicable diseases) is a good representation of your company then I think I will have to seek out a brand that is not morally corrupt. Sorry but you don't just sponsor him on the course... you sponsor HIM.
Your Former Customer,
Susan
I've been told that my boycotting practices are haphazard at best. To an outsider there may not be any rhyme or reason. I refuse to watch movies with Tom Cruise because I think that he is insane, promotes the pyramid cult scheme known as scientology, and espouses views on psychology that he is not qualified to give. Clearly, I now have issues with Tiger Woods and Nike. But do I boycott every nut job actor in Hollywood? Do I post Facebook/Twitter/Blog posts to every company that sponsors a philandering athlete? Clearly not. But as the saying goes, "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
So while there is no uniformity to the system, I have to boycott what I find truly offensive. Like scientologists and diseased golfers masquerading as family men, and dinosaurs.
No comments:
Post a Comment