Oh my goodness, collegiate sports conferences are a disaster! Or are they? For those of you not inclined to care about conferences, let me give you the short version. Nebraska might jump ship on the Big 12 to join the Big 10 (where the money made is divided up evenly among schools). If that happens then the Big 12 could completely fall apart. A sports analyst from ESPN has done a great job of breaking down all the possible scenarios.
This situation has made clear to me where my loyalties lie despite two years and a diploma from an SEC school and my current position and love for a Big 12 powerhouse. My heart still belongs to the Buckeyes and the Big 10.
So if the Big 10 wants to add Nebraska or another strong team then by all means. My only worry is that UT would end up in the Pac 10. I hate the Pac 10. Even more than the SEC. When I looked at grad schools and briefly considered a California school my dad put an end to that by simply pointing out that "that's a Pac 10 school." Conversation finished.
I don't know if I can handle working at a Pac 10 institution. I might cry. Or maybe nothing will happen. Stay tuned... we should know something by the end of the week!
Pocket Susan Quote:
"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." - John Wooden, great and legendary UCLA coach. Even though UCLA is in the Pac 10.
No comments:
Post a Comment