I made $0.81 doing laundry last. I was impatiently waiting in my apartment complex's laundry facility for someone to come and take their dry laundry out of one of the five that were finished and dreaming of my July 30 move date when I will be in an apartment with its own washer and dryer. Buying said washer and dryer is sure to be a delightful blog topic later this summer. Anyway, while I waited, I paced the room and started to notice the change. Two dimes and a penny on top of a dryer. Two quarters on the floor next to a washer. Another dime left carelessly on a folding table that no one ever uses. And just like that, I had made $0.81. Is it a big reward? No, of course not. But money is money and it will add up.
Pocket Susan Advice: According to the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA), one out of eight people in the U.S. have unclaimed assets ... with average claims of $1,000! This could be anything from a forgotten bank savings account you had as a kid to a utility bill deposit from a long-ago rental may still be waiting for you. Most unclaimed assets are turned over to state governments until they're claimed or until a certain number of years pass ... so get a move on! Visit www.naupa.org to start your state search.
As a side note, I checked for myself and while I don't have any unclaimed funds, my dad did so that was great. Also, if you've lived in different states, don't forget to check every state in which you have lived!
Pocket Susan Advice: According to the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA), one out of eight people in the U.S. have unclaimed assets ... with average claims of $1,000! This could be anything from a forgotten bank savings account you had as a kid to a utility bill deposit from a long-ago rental may still be waiting for you. Most unclaimed assets are turned over to state governments until they're claimed or until a certain number of years pass ... so get a move on! Visit www.naupa.org to start your state search.
As a side note, I checked for myself and while I don't have any unclaimed funds, my dad did so that was great. Also, if you've lived in different states, don't forget to check every state in which you have lived!
1 comment:
Suggestion for washer/dryer purchase, see if there's a Habitat for Humanity store in the area. Get a deal on a new or gently used washer/dryer and the money goes to charity! :)
Post a Comment