I did something drastic last Monday night. I canceled my home cable and internet! Gasp! Shocking, I know! It will be tough, but I was getting so little use out of the internet that it had become a ridiculous wasteful expense. And sometimes I watched too much television and bordered on becoming a couch potato.
So on the plus side I will save money and be able to make better use of my time. Another plus is that I had already seen all the reruns and this might be an opportunity for a new cycle of reruns to air.
The big negative is that this coincided with the switch to digital broadcasting so I can't use an antenna for local channels (I don't want to invest in a converter box) and I'm a So You Think You Can Dance addict. They don't show the episodes online either. It's tragic! And to add insult to injury, the last episode that I could watch was lost in the middle due to a big Texas storm. I almost cried.
Pocket Susan Note: I feel obligated to inform you that this is only a two month sacrifice. When I move at the beginning of August I will have cable again because it is included as part of my rent. So don't go thinking that I am a big economy martyr because it's just not true.
So on the plus side I will save money and be able to make better use of my time. Another plus is that I had already seen all the reruns and this might be an opportunity for a new cycle of reruns to air.
The big negative is that this coincided with the switch to digital broadcasting so I can't use an antenna for local channels (I don't want to invest in a converter box) and I'm a So You Think You Can Dance addict. They don't show the episodes online either. It's tragic! And to add insult to injury, the last episode that I could watch was lost in the middle due to a big Texas storm. I almost cried.
Pocket Susan Note: I feel obligated to inform you that this is only a two month sacrifice. When I move at the beginning of August I will have cable again because it is included as part of my rent. So don't go thinking that I am a big economy martyr because it's just not true.
No comments:
Post a Comment