15 October 2009

I Would Like to Be Descriminated Against

Discrimination definitely has a bad connotation; especially in the higher ed/student affairs world.  As a rule, I am against discrimination and would be upset if I felt that I had been a victim of discrimination.  However, there is an appropriate use of "discrimination".  For example, on Facebook the other day I receive "mafia wars" request from a person that I haven't spoken to in years.  Furthermore, when we were in a position to see each other and speak to each other, we didn't.  This tells me that the Facebook title of "friend" is a misnomer.

I think that this person should have discriminated.  She should have known that the majority of her "friends" on Facebook were not actually friends and had no desire to be sent an asinine request.  

So next time you think about adding me to a request list for mafia wars or farmland or which celebrity was your crush in 1995, please don't hesitate to discriminate against me.  Thanks.

No comments: