08 October 2009

Side Pocket: The Not-So-Much-OF-A-Surprise Birthday Party

From my friend Jen, whose birthday is the day before mine.  Happy B-Day Jen!


James sent an email to Stacy because she had asked him for my email address.  She was having a jewelry party or something to which she wanted to invite me.  I'm not sure why, but James CCed me on it.  Perhaps so that I would then have Stacy's email address and not delete her party invite?  Who knows?


Anyway, in the email James said, "Stacy, here is Jen's email.  And don't forget about her surprise birthday party Friday night."


So when he got home I asked him what was going on at the Winery on Friday night and he said he didn't know.  I said, "Really?  You don't know of anything at 7pm at the Winery on Friday?"


James got really upset and said, "I can't believe Stacy told you about the surprise party!"


And I said, "James, she didn't tell me, you CCed me."


Honestly, I'm relieved.  You know I hate suprises.  And James wouldn't have told me we were going somewhere nice.  He would have just let me where jeans and a scruffy t-shirt on Friday and then I would have looked like crap.  I hope he learned his lesson.

No comments: