My friends Nick and Lindsay gave me their old dining room set, because they had a nicer set they planned to use when they moved into their new place. The light wood isn't really my style so I had a weekend project. I thought it would be a weekend. It turned into four weekends.
Here's how it started out.
Sanded it down. Twice by hand and once with the electric sander.
It probably would have been a good idea to try staining something flat and simple like a baseboard before I went after a dining set. So there are a few mistakes, but I did it. And considering the amount of time it took just to do this... I'm happy with how it is.
3 comments:
Susan! You have such good vision and craftiness execution. You're *new* furniture looks great.
Suz! The "new" set looks great! I'm so happy that my old set has found a happy and loving home. Nice work!
Suze,
I'm really impressed....maybe you have a new calling in life...
Post a Comment