When she found out that I had gotten a job in Texas and would be moving to Austin, Jenn, who is one of my best friends, jokingly informed me that she "hated Texans".
After I got here, got a new license, etc. I made a comment to a coworker that I was on my way to becoming a Texan. I said it lightly, but was informed stiffly that "it takes a lot more to become a Texan." When I relayed the conversation to Jenn, she said, "it's all right. I hate Texans anyway."
This weekend, Jenn will be my first visitor! We've been anticipating the trip for weeks and leading up to the event, it seemed like everything would be perfect. Then on Tuesday, a cold front came through and changed our sunny, 85 degree weather to rainy, 45 degree weather. It will stick around for the weekend and clear out next week, getting back up into the 80s.
Jenn called on earlier this week and was clearly disappointed with the change in the weather. "It's the same weather that we're having in Ohio. And it's only going to be cold in Austin for the time that I am there. It's like Texas is rejecting me before I even get there!"
What can I say? I guess Texas hates you too, Jenn.

Pocket Susan Advice: This article discusses new scams and frauds that are taking advantage of the troubled economy. Read up and share the information so that you don't fall victim.
Scams
After I got here, got a new license, etc. I made a comment to a coworker that I was on my way to becoming a Texan. I said it lightly, but was informed stiffly that "it takes a lot more to become a Texan." When I relayed the conversation to Jenn, she said, "it's all right. I hate Texans anyway."
This weekend, Jenn will be my first visitor! We've been anticipating the trip for weeks and leading up to the event, it seemed like everything would be perfect. Then on Tuesday, a cold front came through and changed our sunny, 85 degree weather to rainy, 45 degree weather. It will stick around for the weekend and clear out next week, getting back up into the 80s.
Jenn called on earlier this week and was clearly disappointed with the change in the weather. "It's the same weather that we're having in Ohio. And it's only going to be cold in Austin for the time that I am there. It's like Texas is rejecting me before I even get there!"
What can I say? I guess Texas hates you too, Jenn.

Pocket Susan Advice: This article discusses new scams and frauds that are taking advantage of the troubled economy. Read up and share the information so that you don't fall victim.
Scams
No comments:
Post a Comment