- Nico is settling in better, but still acts like I am going to kick him any time we cross paths.
- My work portfolio has quadrupled in the last two weeks, causing the long breaks between posts.
- I am so sick of living in an apartment. Even more annoying was discovering today that mortgage payments for a $175,000 house would be significantly less than I am paying in rent right now. Too bad my student loans would make being approved for a mortgage impossible.
- I organized a recycling program for our office kitchen. The bin is clearly labeled aluminum cans and plastic only. So why did someone dump 8 cardboard boxes and a bowl of pasta in there today? Ugh! Read the damn signs, people!
Pocket Susan Advice: Even if you're stuck in an apartment for a few more years, do what you can to make your place a little more green and lower your energy bills like changing out traditional lightbulbs for flourescents. Last weekend I installed a programmable thermostat and it was surprisingly easy and will hopefully lower my electric bill during the hot summer months ahead!
1 comment:
Suze, you never know if you can buy a house until you at least give it a try. I would definitely recommend talking to some banks and seeing what options you have. I have student loans, too... but still managed to by my dream first home. And if you can't get a house quite yet, you can still come visit me and stay in mine anytime! Miss you!
-Tara
Post a Comment