Some people have rhythm and can always find a beat. No matter what else is going on around them, they can can pounce in on the percussion and instantly be in perfect time. And then there are people like me, who can't clap with others without paying attention (yeah, I'm the kid a half-clap off) and to whom dancing in public is cruel and unusual punishment. Just this past weekend, as I sat in O'Hare Terminal 2, waiting 6 hours for my flight back to Texas, I began to wonder if my crappy timing isn't limited to clapping and playing the piano ridiculously fast. Maybe the things that just fall into place for others so easily will take a little bit more work for me. And if that's how it's going to be... well, so be it. It might help me appreciate the good things that much more. Like the rare moments that I actually clap in tandem.
Pocket Susan Advice: Put your knowledge of the food pyramid and color wheel to good use. In the summer, there is all kinds of fresh produce around but in the winter we tend to forget about our fruits and vegetables. Try to remember to get your full servings each day and do your best to mix up the colors to obtain different vitamins and minerals. I try to pack a couple of snacks, like grapes and carrot sticks - every day that I can munch on between appointments.
Pocket Susan Advice: Put your knowledge of the food pyramid and color wheel to good use. In the summer, there is all kinds of fresh produce around but in the winter we tend to forget about our fruits and vegetables. Try to remember to get your full servings each day and do your best to mix up the colors to obtain different vitamins and minerals. I try to pack a couple of snacks, like grapes and carrot sticks - every day that I can munch on between appointments.
No comments:
Post a Comment