I didn't realize until after I moved to Texas that I hadn't gotten copies of my medical records from my surgery and follow-up last spring. Now, I need those records and it is proving extremely difficult to get them. And it's not as though I can just pop over to the South Carolina hospital where the records are located on my lunch break. I've managed to pass one hurdle -- after an hour of internet searching I finally found the form to request records. Of course, you have to indicate which department provided you with services and mine stretched across three different departments. Super! One hurdle down and a million to go.
Pocket Susan Advice: Get regular copies of your medical records. Then you'll have updates on hand if they are needed. I've decided that I will request copies of my records from any and all medical providers on my birthday each year. And before I move out of town. I recommend that you do the same to avoid this type of hassle.
Pocket Susan Advice: Get regular copies of your medical records. Then you'll have updates on hand if they are needed. I've decided that I will request copies of my records from any and all medical providers on my birthday each year. And before I move out of town. I recommend that you do the same to avoid this type of hassle.
No comments:
Post a Comment