I was reading an article on AOL today about a woman in Europe who was arrested on a really old warrant that she thought had been cleared up a long time ago.
I have databases for things like unclaimed funds, but I wondered if there was a way to check for outstanding warrants. You would think that you would know, but what if you didn't until you tried to leave the country or some other high stress situation?
A quick Google search revealed that apparently most states offer some way of looking arrest warrants under the Freedom of Information Act, but the sites that offered to do it were all .com and not government, with which I am not comfortable.
So if anyone knows of an online database for outstanding warrants, please let me know. Not that I think I have any outstanding warrants. It's not like I go around stealing begonias.
I have databases for things like unclaimed funds, but I wondered if there was a way to check for outstanding warrants. You would think that you would know, but what if you didn't until you tried to leave the country or some other high stress situation?
A quick Google search revealed that apparently most states offer some way of looking arrest warrants under the Freedom of Information Act, but the sites that offered to do it were all .com and not government, with which I am not comfortable.
So if anyone knows of an online database for outstanding warrants, please let me know. Not that I think I have any outstanding warrants. It's not like I go around stealing begonias.
No comments:
Post a Comment